Re: Join cardinality

From: Pratap <pratap_fin_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 6 Apr 2006 06:23:23 -0700

Few more inputs -
1. The index on start_date and end_date is a global index. The distinct values in each column can be = number of business days in a year. But currently we dont have data 2 months only. 2. I do NOT specify the bucket size when gathering statistics for country_id
3. start_date, end_date and load_date are actually numeric equivalent of dates derived using some logic. The numeric range for start and end dates are different for each country.

I have not tried using date datatype instead of number. Received on Thu Apr 06 2006 - 08:23:23 CDT