Standard Edition Feature Availability

From: <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Apr 2006 06:14:55 -0700

Oracle 10.2.0.1 on W2K3

I am choosing between Standard and Enterprise Edition for a new database. As part of the analysis I am compiling a list of desired features. Can anyone clarify which of the following are Enterprise Edition features. I've checked through Note:271886.1 "Differences Between Different Editions of Oracle Database 10G", but some of these features below are not obvious.

So which of these are Enterprise Edition only features....

Automated Workload Repository (AWR)
Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) Automatic Storage Manager (ASM)
RMAN Incremental Merge
Flash Recovery Area
Flashback Database (and Flashback DB to 'Restore Point') Automatic Shared Memory Management (ASMM) Restore Optimizer Stats to Point in Time Optimizer Stats Gathering for stale objects (user_tab_modifications).

I suspect that AWR, ADDM, and ASMM are enterprise features, but when I install 10g Standard Edition they are available through OEM Database Control.

Can someone shed some light on this for me...?!?

Matt Received on Thu Apr 06 2006 - 08:14:55 CDT