Re: Technical differences Oracle 9i vs. Oracle 10g

From: <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Apr 2006 02:11:52 -0700

EdStevens schreef:

> Frank van Bortel wrote:
> > EdStevens wrote:

> > > Sure. They can also coexist on the same network with 8i, 8, 7.x, 6.x,
> > > 5.x, MS-SQL, UDB, MS-Access, B-Trieve, MySQL, Word Perfect, Lotus
> >
> > I recall V5 did not have networking yet? Or am I mistaken it for V4?
> >
> Possibly. But that wouldn't preclude it from simply "existing" on the
> network, nor would it preclude it from co-existing with anything else
> that happend to live on the network. Hence, my reference to
> non-Oralcle database products, and even non-database products. It
> would be an astoundingly poor product that would give a flying fig what
> other products may happen to be 'on the network.'
>
> Though I have seen some MS products that came close! ;-)

But those are not networking products. WordPerfect is not a networked product, whereas
a 2-tier or 3-tier prodcut *is*. WP is not, as Oracle V5 was not.

But to the OP: rest assured: even TCP and UDP packets fly around on the same network without problems (most of the time) Received on Thu Apr 06 2006 - 04:11:52 CDT