Tricky ordering question

From: joel reymont <joelr1_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Apr 2006 18:47:31 -0700

Folks,

I'm dealing with events in a poker game and they come with a seat number attached.

For every game I know who the seat number of the player that is first to act. For all subsequence actions the seat numbers would increase to the maximum number of seats at the table and then wrap around. How would I order the events by seat number and have my actions in playing order?

The way to visualize it is this... For 3 players at the table with seats 1, 2, 3, 4, seated at 1, 3 and 4, the actions would be 1, 3, 4, 1, 3, 4, etc. Assuming that player at seat #1 acted first. If I have a table with seats 1-10 and only 2, 5, 7, 9 are taken then I would have 7, 9, 2, 5, 7, 9, etc. if player at seat 7 goes first.

A simple order by seat number would give me 2, 5, 7, 7, 9, 9, etc. which is obviously wrong. I would appreciate any suggestions!

    Thanks in advance, Joel Received on Wed Apr 05 2006 - 20:47:31 CDT