Re: Replace System01.dbf

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 11:59:51 -0700

Chuck wrote:
> I can tell your in EDU land. You left out SCORES of other issues to
> worry about. Im in a conference right now with about 20 senior level
> SAN engineers and oracle architects and were all laughing right now.
> Laughing really hard. (oh, and our audience includes 3 oracle devs)

I'm honored. Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:

"Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves."   ~ Brendan Behan

Why don't you demonstrate your knowledge of the subject by helping the OP instead of criticizing others?

20 SAN engineers and Oracle architects and 3 developers ... oh I am impressed. And how many of them have recovered a trashed a SYSTEM tablespace in a live production environment? Let them jump in and help the OP too.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org