Re: Technical differences Oracle 9i vs. Oracle 10g

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Apr 2006 11:37:47 -0700

Frank van Bortel wrote:
> EdStevens wrote:
> > Bob wrote:
> >
> >> Can Oracle 10g and Oracle 9i co-exist on the same network?
> >
> > Sure. They can also coexist on the same network with 8i, 8, 7.x, 6.x,
> > 5.x, MS-SQL, UDB, MS-Access, B-Trieve, MySQL, Word Perfect, Lotus
>
> I recall V5 did not have networking yet? Or am I mistaken it for V4?

Possibly. But that wouldn't preclude it from simply "existing" on the network, nor would it preclude it from co-existing with anything else that happend to live on the network. Hence, my reference to non-Oralcle database products, and even non-database products. It would be an astoundingly poor product that would give a flying fig what other products may happen to be 'on the network.'

Though I have seen some MS products that came close! ;-) Received on Wed Apr 05 2006 - 13:37:47 CDT