is it possible to undo one of the last transactions?

From: Le.Wang <lewang_at_weh.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 17:37:55 +0200

Hi,

we have a distributed system which is based on a Oracle Database 10g, and I have read that rollback is supported by Oracle DB, but now we want to realize a "part"-rollback in this system, so only part of the transactions should be reversed. For example, in the last 10 minutes the following 10 transactions were executed by the distributed processes in DB:
--ts1
--ts2

--ts5

--ts7

--ts10

but only the ts5 and ts7 belong to the process which should be rollbacked, is there any possibility to undo ts5 and ts7 automatically by Oracle DB ? (for example, the system only logs the "ids" of these transactions, and later the database could undo any of them with the given id)

I am a total newbie with oracle database, and I don't know much about what the Oracle DB can do or how it works, so I am really appreciated for any tip from you guys.

Thanks a lot!

Le Received on Wed Apr 05 2006 - 10:37:55 CDT