Re: Oracle Internet Directory High Availability solutions

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 05 Apr 2006 14:45:46 GMT

amy <amykline_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> We would like to know how others implement high availability solutions
> for OID. What are some of the high availability options for OID 10g?
>
> We selected the High Availability Oracle Multimaster replication option
> during installation but somehow we could not get the replication to
> work. Records saved at the master node were not replicated to the other
> OID node. not sure why. We used OID solely for database service name
> resolution.
>
> Is setting up Oracle replication or Oracle streams manually for OID
> supported? If it is supported, what schemas should we replicate?

I also tried to install OID with multimaster replication and failed. I did not persue the problem, but there are several Metalink entries about that.
If I remember correctly, you should truncate certain tables in the repository database before starting the oidrepld.

We decided not to use multimaster replication because it is quite complicated, costs additional licenses (I think) and requires extra attention during upgrades.

What we chose, and what I would recommend unless you have good reasons not to do so, is LDAP replication.

High availibility is guaranteed: if you shutdown either OID, clients will use the other one for name resolution.

urs,
Laurenz Albe Received on Wed Apr 05 2006 - 09:45:46 CDT