Re: Why functions in Select Clause affect performance?

From: Anurag Varma <avoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Apr 2006 04:35:33 -0700

Thats what I was getting at. I would not expect that function to be called different number of times for the case you suggest.
However depending on the sql, its also possible that your rewrite somehow caused it to change its execution plan and thus the function had nothing to do with the whole thing. Thats why its important that you be able to show a test case otherwise its just guessing we can do!

However, if the function is for e.g. in the where clause then it would matter at what stage of filtering it is called.

Jaap suggested a good point to test your theory.

Anurag Received on Wed Apr 05 2006 - 06:35:33 CDT