Re: RAC details

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 18:17:47 GMT

> Type 1)
> oracle 10gr2 (Clusterware) -- This case we don`t need any 3rd party
> clustering. all we need is
> OS + oracle10gr2 + ASM/raw volume

You will still need some sort of cluster software to let multiple nodes access the same files on your shared disk. Oracle does have Oracle Clustered File System (ocfs) which is free for Linux. You can find a copy here:

http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/

This may have been what you were referring to as "Clusterware" in your post above.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net