copy 2 big tables into one in oracle 9.2

From: Chris Seidel <cs_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 16:19:51 +0200

Hello,

I have to copy 2 big tables into one table. I want to do it with "insert into - select from" but I'm afraid that this would be a to big transaction for my database.

Whats the way to do such a job?

Disable Logging + doing a backup after the job is done? Export/Import with sql loader?
A cursor with commit after x records?

What are the advantages / disadvantages of these possibilities?

Thank you. Received on Tue Apr 04 2006 - 09:19:51 CDT