Re: Issue with Oracle listener

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 11:11:15 -0400

On 31 Mar 2006 18:50:09 -0800, Prashant.Bapat_at_gmail.com wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I have Oracle 8i DB server running on RH AS 2.1.
>
>Here is my problem;
>
>When I try to connect to the DB from an external system (using jdbc
>thin driver) sometimes i get "network adapter could not establish the
>connection..." error.
>
>If I stop/start the listener, everything works fine.
>
>When I try to connect to the DB from the same server I have no issues.

The latter connection doesn't use the listener, unless you use @your_db_string.

I don't know your specific case, but I've seen this in MTS (shared server) environments when all servers are busy.

-Andrey

We run Oracle 9.2.0.6 on RH4 AMD
remove NSPAM to email Received on Mon Apr 03 2006 - 10:11:15 CDT