Re: Oralce 10g2/RAC on AIX. ASM or GPFS?

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 03 Apr 2006 08:27:15 GMT

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote:
> Laurenz Albe wrote:
>

>> We also use OCFS but we are facing a problem - it SEEMS that Oracle is
>> not very actively developing and supporting OCFS. While OCFS version 1
>> is certified with RAC, OCFS version 2 is not and it does not look like
>> it is going to be soon.

> Can you please explain this comment given the following?
>
> http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/

Gladly.
This document says:

 "OCFS2 certification with Oracle 10g Release 2 RAC on Linux x86, x86-64,  Itanium and Power is currently in progress.  Upon completion of certification, Oracle will provide Unbreakable  Linux Support for OCFS2 on 10g Release 2 RAC.  Help is available via the mailing lists below."

This status hasn't changed for a long time, so that I wonder if it ever will.
This is why I said:
Oracle is not very actively developing and supporting OCFS.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Mon Apr 03 2006 - 03:27:15 CDT