Re: how to replication in two oracle database

From: Jim Kennedy <jim>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 18:18:55 -0700

"sun" <soorajkg_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1144024307.170991.322270_at_u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com...
> I need help from any person who is having good knowledge of Oracle
> 8i/9i.
>
> In My company , We have 2 databases( having same tables) at 2
> different locations.
>
> We have to Synchronize them Using replication. If any user is
> enterting data in 1st database same must be reflected in second
> database and vice-versa, This is the requirement.
>
> At present I am Trying Trigger based replication
>
> I have created database link between these 2 databases and have
> written triggers
> in both the database i.e. I am doing trigger based replication.
>
> But the problem in Trigger based replication is that If
> connectivity of databases(Which is through RF(Radio Frequency) breaks,
> Nobody can do entry, cause triggers wont execute in that case)
>
> Can anybody help ???

Does the information that is changed in one database have to be immediately reflected in the second database or can it be reflected in the other database after some amount of time?

If you are requiring that it happen at the same time (synchronous) then if the connectivity is unreliable then you are have a problem. If you can allow it to be asynchronous then you could use async. replication. Jim Received on Sun Apr 02 2006 - 20:18:55 CDT