Re: stored outlines question

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 1 Apr 2006 05:13:55 -0800

dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> That is not true. I had given CREATE ANY OUTLINE privilge to user
> in both database instances. There is some thing subtle, I cannot figure
> what is missing?

select grantee, privilege, admin_option
from dba_sys_privs
where grantee = '<username>'
and privilege = 'CREATE ANY OUTLINE'
/

Verify that privilege exists for the affected user. Also verify the user in both databases is configured identically. As SYS as SYSDBA run:

select grantee, privilege, admin_option
from dba_sys_privs
where grantee = '<username>'
/

As the affected user run:

select username, granted_role, admin_option, default_role, os_granted from user_role_privs
/

Although all I needed to grant to a user in my 9.2.0.6 instance was CREATE ANY OUTLINE and once I set create_stored_outlines = TRUE in the session I had records in user_outlines where previously I had none.

>From the documentation:

"You must ensure that schemas in which outlines are to be created have the CREATE ANY OUTLINE privilege. Otherwise, despite having turned on the CREATE_STORED_OUTLINE parameter, you will not find outlines in the database after you run the application."

There is nothing subtle about that instruction.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Sat Apr 01 2006 - 07:13:55 CST