Re: stored outlines question

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 31 Mar 2006 19:41:10 -0800

dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> II am using Oracle 9.2.0.5 on HP UNIX.
> I want to create stored outlines. I have tried different methods for
> creating stored outlines,
> they do not work. Not sure what is missing:
>
> alter session set create_stored_outlines=TRUE;
> I do not get any errors, so statement ran fine.
>
> select * from emp;
> alter session set create_stored_outlines=FALSE;
> No errors,
>
> Now when I do
> select * from user_outlines, I do not get ant rows. Why?
> Does something have to be set in data dictionary (i.e., installing some
> catalog .sql script)?
>

> What is strange is I have 2 database instances created in similar
> fashion. Both use same
> Oracle binaries/version. For one database, I can create stored
> outlines, but for other I cannot.

That's because the user in the other database has CREATE ANY OUTLINE privilege. Grant that to the user in the database where you 'can't' create outlines and you'll solve your 'problem'. This is clearly mentioned in the documentation available at:

http://tahiti.oracle.com

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Mar 31 2006 - 21:41:10 CST