snapshot and cursor

From: <seinbert_at_gmail.com>
Date: 31 Mar 2006 11:28:07 -0800

Hi,

What I am wondering is if Oracle needs to retain fetched rows of a snapshot
for read consistency.

Seems to me, the fetched rows cannot be reused, and therefore can be realeased
from undo space if they've modified and commited.

But I think Oracle still wants to keep these in undo space, and give snapshot too old
error when they are pushed out.

Thank you for your help.
seinbert Received on Fri Mar 31 2006 - 13:28:07 CST