Re: What DB diagrams needed?

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 19:36:51 +0200

Volker Hetzer wrote:
> Frank van Bortel schrieb:

>> Sorry, mate, you got your world upside down!
>>
>> Your developers should be documenting and creating ER diagrams!
>> Anyway, Oracle Designer (part of the developer Suite) can do that.

> Probably he's in a position similar to mine. Maybe he's the only guy
> who can do databases, so in any project he does the database part
> and provides some simple queries for the other developers.
>
> Lots of Greetings!
> Volker

Volker, I did answer seriously, after the antepodian stuff. And your picture is not entirely what I read: "I need ER diagrams to depict the schemas and relationships between objects" - no! You create an ER diagram, and based on that, you design the technical implementation (and perhaps do some denormalization along the way).

And Designer can reverse engineer the database's technical implemention into a technical design, which it can reverse engineer into Entity/Relationship diagrams. Which in turn can look quite different from the original ER...

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...