Re: 10gR2 is out for x86 Solaris

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 28 Mar 2006 11:34:01 -0800

DA Morgan wrote:
> hpuxrac wrote:
> > DA Morgan wrote:

> >> Sure does. And if Apple and Oracle don't get their act together it will
> >> be the last time anyone on the Oracle side trusts what they say about
> >> their relationship.
> >
> > Trust who says what about which relationship?
> >
> > To date, the oracle on os x looks to some as if it was an experiment.
>
> Relying on Oracle to make business decisions is rarely a bad choice.
> If you have some axe to grind please take it up with Mr. Jobs and
> Mr. Ellison.

# I believe it was you that said the following earlier in this thread ...

Sure does. And if Apple and Oracle don't get their act together it will

be the last time anyone on the Oracle side trusts what they say about their relationship.

Speaking for myself ... I've gone back to RedHat Linux as my preferred platform until they demonstrate that they are not creating orphan systems.

# And I believe it was you that also said in a much earlier thread ( in a posting that probably # belonged in the marketplace instead of cdos ) ...

One of the Puget Sound Oracle User Group's members, Kent Stroker, has now built the largest RAC on Mac cluster on the planet, TTBMK.

Pictures of the 5 node cluster can be seen at http://www.psoug.org. click on RAC on Mac news.

This is the second commercial cluster built in two weeks. The first, a 2 node cluster was built in Washington state for a major public utility.

# Or perhaps these items were not posted by you? Received on Tue Mar 28 2006 - 13:34:01 CST