Re: 10gR2 is out for x86 Solaris

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 27 Mar 2006 13:21:50 -0800

DA Morgan wrote:
> hpuxrac wrote:
> > Tasm wrote:
> >> http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/oracle10g/index.html
> >
> > Thanks I was beginning to wonder "when and if" this would actually
> > appear!
> >
> > Looks like Apple and OS X is the last one left standing at the altar eh?
>
> Sure does. And if Apple and Oracle don't get their act together it will
> be the last time anyone on the Oracle side trusts what they say about
> their relationship.

Trust who says what about which relationship?

To date, the oracle on os x looks to some as if it was an experiment.

Some people on various forums became almost evangelical about that environment. I seem to recall claims being made that oracle was shifting all sorts of internal systems to os x. ( Did you not make those claims Mr. Morgan ? )

I don't at all understand if you are now stating that you were circulating bad information, that you were mis-informed, or that things have somehow soured in the experiment.

If you are hinting that Apple has not been following through in some manner, well why don't you either clear up what you are trying to state or just drop it altogether.

If you are hinting that you don't think Oracle has been following through, please do the same.

> Speaking for myself ... I've gone back to RedHat Linux as my preferred
> platform until they demonstrate that they are not creating orphan systems.

Solaris is the reference development platform isn't it? Closely followed by hpux I guess. Received on Mon Mar 27 2006 - 15:21:50 CST