Re: empty block vs no. freelist blocks

From: Ben <balvey_at_comcast.net>
Date: 27 Mar 2006 12:16:32 -0800

yes, I forgot to mention the datafile resize, thank you.

I am still a little confused as to where the space is released to though. I thought even if I exported/dropped/imported the table that would just release the free space to be used by other objects within the tablespace. And if that space was in the middle of the datafile with other used segments surrounding it, the you can't necessarily resize the datafile to regain that OS space. You could only resize the datafile down to the hwm. Received on Mon Mar 27 2006 - 14:16:32 CST