Re: Is thjere a way to find all sql satements run by a session

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 20:20:03 GMT

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 10:29:49 -0800, Mark D Powell wrote:

> Setting trace on from another session will only trace SQL statements
> ran after the trace is set on so I think the only practical solution is
> to set trace on when the session of interest starts. If the actual
> user task cannot be modified to set trace on then perhaps a database
> logon event trigger could be used.

Mark, the question here is what do you want to see. Usually, the auditing requirements are to preserve all information pertaining to modifying business critical data and executing certain privileged operations on the database. That is covered with auditing. Fine grained auditing (DBMS_FGA) does preserve SQL and can be triggered by select statement. If, on the other hand, you want to see how many times did somebody go to football and NCAA pools, you're out of luck.

--
http://www.mgogala.com