SLA 1500-euro fine because of CREATE MVIEW locks...

From: Spendius <spendius_at_muchomail.com>
Date: 25 Mar 2006 00:59:05 -0800

Hi,
Ten days ago I asked what goes on when you create a mat. view (*even* without building it) and why so many locks suddenly appear THAT DON'T LOOK RELATED to your mview creation, yet are systematic, and why it makes so many sessions hang. All answers I got was stuff kind of "you'd better go to 10g" - which was not really helpful (and no worries: migrations's planned this year -anyway can you swear that heavy create mview-related locks have gone off in 10g ??-).
My boss just told me the customers required our company to pay them a €1500 fine because of the 10-minute downtime the applications endured... (which of course he wasn't very glad about)

Spendius Received on Sat Mar 25 2006 - 02:59:05 CST