trigger or job ?

From: hitchhikar <reachsonu_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Mar 2006 12:08:29 -0800

Hi,
Am having a confusion over an issue.
Its like i have a XML of size 140k+ chars and i have to store it in OracleDB from C++ code and process it further using pl/sql.I am using ODBC (not OCCI) and Ora10g. I am doing this in 2 steps as follows:
#1 - chunking the XML in 30k and storing in tblBoxXMLChunks(id
number,xml_chunk clob).This is from C++ code
#2 - In a proc (sprocCreateXML) reading all chunks related to an id and
will store it in table tblBoxXMLfull(id number, xml_full clob) and then call the sproc to process the xml corresponding to each id. The rate at which the values are inserted in tblBoxXMLChunks is high. And i want to keep step 2 separate from C++ code(that is, after every all chunks of a particular XML is inserted i can call the sprocCreateXML, but this will slow down my process). So the confusion is should i perform step 2:

1. In a TRIGGER , which will be an INSERT trigger on tblBoxXMLChunks
2. In a job using DBMS_SCHEDULER
3. Use an ETL tool

Any suggestions will be cool .
TIA

ps: asktom and Morgan's library ROCKS. thankyou guys! Received on Wed Mar 22 2006 - 14:08:29 CST