Re: QUESTION: Latest CPU thinks I have a db running

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 20:40:05 +0100

BD wrote:

> We never run the same db off different homes at the same time, if
> that's the concern. We can't, in fact; the home that will be used by a
> specific db will be dicated by oratab. The reason for the multiple
> homes is simply for the purposes of controlling the rollout of
> patchsets. The reason for the single file is so we don't have to worry
> about synching up multiple init files to make sure they stay consistent.

Correct.

So, why are there symlinks from different OH's anyway? Some kind of automated setup?
I would remove those from OH's that cannot be used anyway, all they can possibly do is create misunderstanding. As the patch software is suffering from.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...