Re: QUESTION: Latest CPU thinks I have a db running

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Mar 2006 12:21:38 -0800

>your simlink points to /u01/oracle/product/9.2/dbs/initSID.ora!

No, this is not the case. The symlink _exists_ in the dbs directory, but it _points_ to /home/oracle/admin/<SID>/initSID.ora, which is the true location of the init file.

So the symlinks in all ORACLE_HOMEs point to the same file, held in this 'admin' directory. According to Oracle, this was the cause of the error in the CPU: one HOME _did_ have the file open, but only because the symlink it uses points to the same file as the 'idle' home that I was trying to patch.

Sorry - I'm not quite sure what you're trying to point out - but in my case the file itself does not exist in the dbs directory of any of the homes. Received on Wed Mar 15 2006 - 14:21:38 CST