10g Release 2 RAC Standard Edition - Redhat ES 4.0 Update 2 x86

From: SG <sg_at_no-email.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 21:42:00 -0500

Hello. I'm trying to get a 2-node RAC installed and I'm having some problems with the listener starting on either node. I know the listener is dependent on VIP and that appears to be working correctly. What is the best way to validate the VIP is working before running netca? Both nodes are responding to their assigned/configured virtual IP addresses. I used cluvfy manually to test post crsinst and it returned all tests had passed. I've rebuilt the boxes many times and get stuck with listener errors. The one thing that I am not sure about is that the cluvfy test complains about some packages not being install, even though docs like
http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/hunter_rac10gr2_2.html#15 never mention the packages in question. Could that be related to the problem? It doesn't seem likely. Anyway, below is a retype of the error messages during listener creation/start process via netca and the crs_stat output. If more info is needed for diagnosis, please let me know. Any ideas/help is greatly appreciated. TIA.

SG

==ERROR MESSAGES==
Problem in configuration: dsrac1:
LISTENER_DSRAC1 Listener start failed. Listener may already be running.
CRS-0215: Could not start resource 'ora.dsrac1.LISTENER_DSRAC1.lsnr'.

Problem in configuration: dsrac1:
LISTENER_DSRAC1 Listener start failed. Listener may already be running.
CRS-1028: Dependency analysis failed because of: CRS-0223: Resource 'ora.dsrac1.LISTENER_DSRAC1.lsnr' has placement error.

[oracle_at_dsrac1 ~]$ crs_stat
NAME=ora.dsrac1.LISTENER_DSRAC1.lsnr
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=UNKNOWN on
dsrac1

NAME=ora.dsrac1.gsd
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=ONLINE on dsrac1
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=ONLINE on dsrac1

NAME=ora.dsrac1.vip
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=ONLINE on dsrac1

NAME=ora.dsrac2.LISTENER_DSRAC2.lsnr
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=UNKNOWN on
dsrac2

NAME=ora.dsrac2.gsd
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=ONLINE on dsrac2

NAME=ora.dsrac2.ons
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=ONLINE on dsrac2

NAME=ora.dsrac2.vip
TYPE=application
TARGET=ONLINE
STATE=ONLINE on dsrac2

NAME=ora.dsrac1.ons Received on Sat Mar 11 2006 - 20:42:00 CST