Re: Oracle RDBMS version 11 status?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 10 Mar 2006 12:01:05 -0800

HansF wrote:

> I would not expect to hear some official-like prelim rumblings about 11q
> until October, and - based on past history - see the initial release
> in about 18 months. However, this is pure unadultrated, unsupported,
> unsubstantiated and entirely speculative conjecture.

Sounds like as good a guess as any. I would add there are notations in the bug database about "Fixed in 11," but maybe the whole ruccus about fusion technology will let the backend stuff just come out when it is ready.

Didn't noons predict it woud be 11f? :-)

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060309/news_1c09nudist.html