Re: RAC unexpected reboot of nodes

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 10 Mar 2006 07:47:19 -0800

I hope it's not that frequent for production sites running RAC on linux. ( We run on hpux ).

But I have heard a lot of people having problems in that area. ( That does include remarks from people noting that prod linux systems have experienced those symptoms at least on occassion or under load ).

When you start bundling the oracle clusterware with other things like the oracle file system layer, etc ... it can get messy pretty quickly.

If you are contemplating a production system using linux it's definitely something that needs to be addressed, understood, and hopefully completely resolved. Received on Fri Mar 10 2006 - 09:47:19 CST