Re: authenticate DB users against Windows Server

From: Cris Carampa <cris119_at_operamail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:15:17 +0100

Mark C. Stock wrote:

> nope... just identified externally:
>
> on my lowly XP laptop with 10G Express:

Perhaps I didn't explained me too well.

The client PCs won't connect to Oracle via Oracle Client, they will just use webforms (via a linux-based Application Server). So I don't think the IDENTIFIED EXTERNALLY option is applicable in my scenario. The webforms users must type username and password in a popup window shown by the Java applet.

Thank you. Kind regards,

--
Cris Carampa (spamto:cris119_at_operamail.com)

potevo chiedere come si chiama il vostro cane
il mio è un po' di tempo che si chiama Libero