Re: FGA based on a complex join

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 19:52:46 +0100

Los wrote:

> As SYS, I created the following policy on the emp table using
> dbms_fga.add_policy:
>
> exec dbms_fga.add_policy( -

>> object_schema => 'SCOTT', -
>> object_name => 'EMP', -
>> policy_name => 'commuter', -
>> audit_condition => 'home != dept.loc and deptno = dept.deptno', -
>> enable => TRUE)

From the manual:

The audit_condition must be a boolean expression that can be evaluated using the values in the row being inserted, updated, or deleted. This condition can be NULL (or omitted), which is interpreted as TRUE, but it cannot contain the
following elements:
 Subqueries or sequences
 Any direct use of SYSDATE, UID, USER or USERENV functions. However, a user-defined function and other SQL functions can use these functions to return the desired information.
 Any use of the pseudocolumns LEVEL, PRIOR, or ROWNUM.

You violate the fact that your data should be in the row - it is not; you also require the dept table.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...