Re: Disabling/enabling all constraints/triggers for a schema

From: Jeremy <jeremy0505_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:44:13 -0000

In article <1141864312.949646.281930_at_e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com>, Joel Garry says...

> Jeremy wrote:
> > There are plenty of home-grown scripts for reading the data dictionary
> > and then generating a "disable" or "enable" constraints script - is
> > there any native functionality in Oracle though to do this?
> >
> > 9iR2 plus...
> >

> Depending on what exactly you want to accomplish, there's imp with
> constraints=n, or indexfile with constraints=y, see the utilities
> manual.

Thanks for that. What we are trying to do is move a subset of data from one DB to another. If we disable the constraints and triggers in the target DB's corresponding schema, we can load all the data on a "per table" basis (via DB links) without any issues of FKs being violated and then simply re-enable the constraints & triggers at the end.

--

jeremy