Re: Tuning Question......

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 8 Mar 2006 13:31:28 -0800

Miggins wrote:
> It cant really as the main cursor loop processes 20,000+ customers. For
> each customer a sum of specific transaction details need to be
> determined.

That's why I suggested adding more specific indices. Both of the index range scans are probably picking up way too many irrelevant rows to scan through. Or so my ancient crystal balls say.

Once you get the query and indices right, you might start looking at putting the relevant objects into their own buffer pool.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Increased border security ironically increases number of illegals: