Re: Data Entry in Oracle

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Mar 2006 12:00:18 -0800

Sameer wrote:
> I have seen both TOAD and SQL Developer.
> I think that they are not meant to be the tools for data entry. We have
> to search for the 'Insert Record' option in deep and it does not give
> us a pleasant data entry environment. Use of Tab key and editing
> facilities are not there.
> Any other suggestion?

Perhaps if you gave some more information about exactly what you need to accomplish, what kind of environment you're working in, etc, etc. Who is the target user that will be doing the data entry? Who will be USING the entered data, and how do they expect to use it?

So far, your question has been pretty vague and open to a lot of interpretation. I'm reminded of a time I donated an old PC to a local non-profit and offered some of my time to help them get up to speed. It quickly became apparent they hadn't a clue as to what they wanted or expected. All they knew was that "having a computer" was "A Good Thing (tm)" and they wanted to "put names and addresses of our clients into the computer." Received on Wed Mar 08 2006 - 14:00:18 CST