Force *all* possible join orders during 10053 trace

From: Spendius <spendius_at_muchomail.com>
Date: 8 Mar 2006 02:50:01 -0800

Hi,
(8.1.7.4)
I have a 6-table query that's pretty slow; I've managed to enhance its response time with hints but when I check what the optimiser does without them, it only goes through 215 combinations to join these tables (instead of trying the 720 possibilities), and it does this all the time (in fact it only computes stuff until Join order[25] and then only displays the line
Join order[x]: TAB1 TAB2 TAB3...

Join order[x]: TAB1 TAB2 TAB3...
with x = 26 to 215 without further calculations). Is there a way to tell it to really perform its calculations through all join possibilities ?

Thanks.
Spendius Received on Wed Mar 08 2006 - 04:50:01 CST