rman restore backup of noarchive database to another server

From: toto <parag9i_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 Mar 2006 02:22:13 -0800

Hi,

I am trying to restore backup taken by rman of database 9.2 running in noarchivelog format on 2000. I want to restore database on another server with same directory structure. Currently no database is existing on new server. My understanding regarding this first nomount dastabase and restore controlfile after setting DBID ( pl correct me if I am wrong ). My questions regarding this

  1. How can I find out DBID of new database without logging to original server ? ( if database is not existing then I can not mount the database to see DBID )
  2. How can I tell rman to restore database backup from a particular directory ?

thanks & regards
pjp Received on Wed Mar 08 2006 - 04:22:13 CST