9i Client install on 8i Server running machine

From: Aaron <aaronvi_at_terra.es>
Date: 7 Mar 2006 10:26:51 -0800

Kaixo!

I need to start a project using .NET on the client and Oracle 8i on the server side. I have ODP.NET, but the problem i have is that my development workstation is also the oracle 8i server (don't ask...) So:

The question is:

Could I install 9i Client in a machine running 8i Server and with the 8i Client and tools installed on it?

I think I´m going to be in trouble if I do this, so what else could i do to install the ODP.NET on this machine?

Thanks! Received on Tue Mar 07 2006 - 12:26:51 CST