Re: Oracle 8.1.7 problem creating simple materialized view

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 15:29:46 GMT

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 07:16:28 -0800, Jack wrote:

> Spendius wrote:

>> Guess you have to run $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catrep.sql
>> first.
>>
>> Jack schreef:
>> > SELECT * FROM op_leave_thresholds_at_rmop
>> > *
>> > ERROR at line 3:
>> > ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
>> > ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SNAPSHOT_UTL", line 919
>> > ORA-06512: at line 1
>> >
>> > Thanks

> I already have working materialized views on the same database .. >

Useful information - provided late in the game. What other relevant teeth do we need to pull? Since you are not telling all ...

Are you perhaps using two different userids, one to contain the MV and a different one that has access to the DBLink?

Why does one point to ak_test and the other to rmop? Are all permissions OK across these? Do the relevant users have access across both links?

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com