Re: Using external table to load files with fixed pattern

From: suri <suriawan_at_gmx.de>
Date: 4 Mar 2006 09:15:37 -0800

Michel, this is very comprehensive! Thanks a lot!

I thought that it is possible to do the loading and the parsing within one step with external table. But I think now I get some ideas how to proceed, e.g. I can create a view on top of the external table and apply the query on top of that.

I am not sure about the performance when I use view on top of the external table, but I will test it.

Thanks,
Suri Received on Sat Mar 04 2006 - 11:15:37 CST