creating/using type dynamically

From: hitchhikar <reachsonu_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Mar 2006 12:19:50 -0800

Hi frnds,
I am caught up in a very crazy yet obvious situation using pl/sql. I wil try to explain the issue here in hope of gettin some pointers/help

I want to create a type based on the string which is my input parameter and then use that type.
For eg,

BEGIN

<some code>

EXECUTE IMMEDIATE
'CREATE TYPE myType AS TABLE OF '|| tblname ||'%ROWTYPE INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER;';
mytyp_var myType;

<code>
END; Now this wil create tht myType at runtime but the problem is compiling this piece of code as myType has nt been declared at the time of use. Is there a workarnd for this??where i can create and use on runtime...dynamically

TIA Received on Fri Mar 03 2006 - 14:19:50 CST