Re: SSO and authenticating a java client

From: <j_racicot_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Mar 2006 09:44:52 -0800

OK, so I'm not a java developer and I really need to clear this up. Are you saying that a java client on a desktop can store and use a cookie?

The scenario is this... user logs on to SSO. The existing modules are web-based and use SSO token in the browser. The new java module will connect to the OAS server and pull down data. The java module should use the same authentication mechanism as the existing web modules and should be able to launch the web modules without being asked for the user credentials (already logged in) for the web modules. And vice-versa. web module ---> java module without being asked for credentials.

Is this possible? I'm not asking for a solution, just an assertion, yes possible or no not possible.

Thanks again for your help. Received on Fri Mar 03 2006 - 11:44:52 CST