Re: Index Range Scans....

From: Robert Klemme <bob.news_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 16:32:07 +0100

Miggins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your responses but LD.f3 doesnt equal L.f3 and the tables
> are not meant to join on these fields. LD.f3 is coming from a variable
> set elsewhere in the package.

Is this part of a stored procedure and / or do you have a stored plan? In that case LD.f3 would be filled from a variable and Oracle might not be able to come up with a proper plan. Btw, what version of Ora and OS are we talking about?

> So am still providing all the data required to use the primary key on
> the LOG_DETAILS table.
>
> The query needs to use a NESTED LOOP but isnt. Have tried using hints
> but it still insists on using a HASH JOIN
>
> Any ideas.

It might help if you provide full version details, DDL and query.

    robert Received on Fri Mar 03 2006 - 09:32:07 CST