Re: Index Range Scans....

From: <Martin.Choma_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Mar 2006 07:04:53 -0800

I have just hypotetical and no experience-based idea and maybe it is absolute nonsens. Maybe when you use older Oracle version with RBO, so condition order can play performance issue. As i know Oracle parse condition from back to front. what if you try this?

where       LD.f1 = L.F1
and          LD.f2 = L.F2
and          LD.f3 = 'Z'
and          L.f1 = 1139
and          L.f2 = 21

As maybe oracle during creating execution plan doesnt know that L.f1 and L.f2 is known. Please do not lynch me if it is absolute nonsense :). But still what version do you use. RBO or CBO? Martin Received on Fri Mar 03 2006 - 09:04:53 CST