Re: Oracle benchmark

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Mar 2006 01:59:42 -0800

The best hint I can give you is to read the Oracle Concepts manual, and the Performance Tuning manual.
You are wasting your time, as you don't seem to understand anything about how the buffer cache mechanism works. You are up to an exercise in futility, because Oracle never has the complete database in SGA. Even if it would have been possible, the figures you call 'benchmarks' would be completely irrelevant once the database starts growing. You don't plan to increase the SGA once the database grows, do you? If you do, I would either replace Oracle or find another job.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA