Re: Python vs. PL/SQL for Oracle work

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 18:23:59 +0100

HansF schrieb:
> On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 06:57:44 -0800, dananrg wrote:
> Oracle Spatial does not pretend to compete with ESRI in the ability to
> manage the spatial information. It does provide storage that is
> compatible with ESRI and many other tools and it provides alternate ways
> of using the data.
>
> It does a wonderful job of storing it, although I have seen and heard
> about some limitations. A number of these limitations are discussed in
> the Oracle Spatial Forum in the Discussion Forums at http://otn.oracle.com
Before this gets misunderstood, oracle doesn't just provide storage, but you can do queries too, like all intersecting geometries and lots more. It's often a bit tricky to get the execution plans right, but after you've done it, it's great.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Thu Mar 02 2006 - 11:23:59 CST