Latch process in Shared pool

From: Chintu <agarwalp_at_eeism.com>
Date: 2 Mar 2006 07:47:23 -0800

Can someone please explain or point out links to the latch process in shared pool. What I have understood so far is the steps are as follows: 1. In the process of searching a SQL text,  It will first get data dictionary latch,  do syntax check,
 If syntax is fine then release the latch ( Not sure about this one) 2. Then get a library cache latch,
check whether the the statement is already present, if the statement is already present, gets the execution plan and executes it
Question : does it needs a shared pool latch here ??

if the statement is not present ,
latches the shared pool,
allocates memory in shared pool and generates execution plans.

I am very confused on this latch and parsing process. Kindly help !!

Thanks
Chintu. Received on Thu Mar 02 2006 - 09:47:23 CST