Re: Why use Java Stored Procedures....

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 1 Mar 2006 02:00:38 -0800

Miggins wrote:
> OK short question but probably not a quick answer....anyone give me the
> pros and cons of using Java for my stored proedures instead of PLSQL.

I do believe Java may have an advantage in math operations as it uses native FPU arithmetic. But that might have changed in 10g with the latest PL/SQL optimisations.

If that is the case I'd only consider Java if I had to do operations that
are inherently easier with a general purpose programming environment, such as complex file system, network or library interface operations. Received on Wed Mar 01 2006 - 04:00:38 CST