Re: Oracle RAC for scalability or High Availability only

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 28 Feb 2006 19:29:18 -0800

DA Morgan wrote:

> You might be amused to know that I just received a committment for a
> dozen dual proc IBM boxes just yesterday for the amazingly low price
> of zero dollars and zero cents. It is great to have a good working
> relationship with your company. ;-)

<heavy sarcasm>
What, IBM discounting while accusing others of doing so? Surely unheard of!!!...
</heavy sarcasm>

One little point: it's not Serge's company: he just works there. Not his fault! :)

> Rumor has it they are selling more UNIX boxes supporting Oracle than
> DB2 and Informix combined. I wonder where I heard that?

Well, you know: the db2 head lady left and the new big blue boss couldn't care less where they make their moolah from. As it should have been ages ago.

(Wait until Larry meets the new boss, terminally aggravates him with his stupid arrogance and the whole show comes back to square one...) Received on Tue Feb 28 2006 - 21:29:18 CST