Re: Performance problem with Oracle server

From: Roman Klesel <rupa_at_noris.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 08:26:09 +0100

Hello,

bubblecat_at_gmail.com schrieb:
> We're experiencing "general slowness" with our application which has an
> Oracle back-end. As far as possible, I've eliminated the front-end
> (Forms) and network as bottle necks. Now, I'm not a DBA, but I did run
> a query on the v_at_system_event table as follows:

Doing performance tuning on this level is pretty hard. Have you checked the more obvious things before?

CPU load
IO Load

Top SQL
Top Sessions
Invalid Objects

These are much more accessible. And if you find a problem here it is usually much easier fixed. (like danaged HD, broken indexes, missing stats, ...)

Greetings Roman Received on Tue Feb 28 2006 - 01:26:09 CST