Re: RAC Database -> Export Backup Failure - ORA-01555 Snap Shot Too Old

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:09:05 +0100

On 26 Feb 2006 21:52:27 -0800, vasant.naidu_at_gmail.com wrote:

>Hi sybrand,
>
>then what would you recommend in this situation. There is a BCV option
>and I had already mentioned to customer to subscribe to that. But would
>you not recommed export as a backup method. Even if it is full
>backup..? Please explain to me.
>
>Thanks.
>
>- Vasant.

Export is a *logical* dump, of either the full database, or individual users, or individual tables.
It is nothing more than create table statements followed by insert statements.
That said: would you like to destroy and recreate your *complete* database, when you loose one tablespace, or have one single corrupt block?
I don't think so.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA